The Septenary Way
Having been heavily inspired by the Order of Nine Angles and Anton Long – David Myatt’s writings, our White Star Acception has inheritted certain aspects of the ONA into our system. Most of what we have brought from the ONA into our own system consists of practical concepts of Insight Roles – which we call Roll Switching; Aeonics – which we Chronomophosis and Glamour Magic; Ordeals; and the vision of a future Imperium. To keep our own Initiates linked as Nexions of Acausal Nature and Energy to aurally aid in our progression to Imperium the ONA’s Seven-Fold Way is here grafted into our system and requires all our initiates to apply the Septenary Way:
A Complete Guide To The Seven-Fold Sinister Way:
IntroductionThe Seven-Fold Sinister Way is the name given to the system of training used by Traditional Satanists. It is the practice of Satanism, by individual Satanists, and thus expresses Satanism in action.
The Way is an individual one – each stage, of the seven stages that make the Way, is achieved by the individual as a result of their own effort. To reach a particular stage, requires considerable effort by the individual, who works mostly on their own.
One aim of the Way is to create Satanic individuals – that is, to train individuals in the ways of Satanism. This Satanic training developes individual character, esoteric (or Occult) skills and self-insight. The individual also acquires genuine esoteric knowledge and a genuine understanding.
The Way itself enables any individual to achieve genuine magickal Adeptship (and beyond) and thus fulfil the potential latent within them – thus they can and do enhance their life, and achieve their unique Destiny.
The Way is essentially practical – involving experiences in the real world, and ordeals, as well as the completion of difficult, challenging tasks. It also involves a practical mastery of all forms of magick. The Way requires a sincere and genuine commitment, and it is both difficult and very dangerous. Success depends on this commitment by the individual.
The Way is divided into seven stages, and these mark a specific level of individual achievement. The stages are: Neophyte; Initiate; External Adept; Internal Adept; Master of Temple/Mistress of Earth [ or “Lady Master”]; Grand Master/Grand Mistress [ or “Grand Lady Master”]; Immortal. Sometimes, Initiates are described, or known, as “novices”; Internal Adepts as Priest/Priestess; a Grand Master as a Magus, and a Grand Mistress as a Magistra.
Each of these stages is associated with specific tasks, ordeals, rituals and so on, and a completion of each and all of these (given in detail below under the appropriate stage) is required before the next stage can be attempted. Also, each stage involves the individual in a certain amount of reading and study of Order manuscripts hereafter “manuscripts” is abbreviated as MSS, and “manuscript” as MS ]. The purpose of this reading and study is to provide a Satanic understanding of the tasks, ordeals, rituals and so on of the particular stage being attempted. Each stage represents a development of and in the individual – of their personality, their skills, their understanding, their knowledge and insight.
Before embarking on the first stage – that of Satanic Initiation – the individual who desires to follow the dark path of traditional Satanism should gain some understanding of what genuine Satanism is. To this end, the following Order MSS should be read:
* Satanism – An Introduction For Prospective Adherents
* The Sinister Path: An Introduction to Traditional Satanism
* The Essence of the Sinister Path [contained in Hostia – Secret Teachings of the ONA]
I – Neophyte
The first task of a neophyte [the word means “a beginner; a new convert”] is to obtain copies of the various Order MSS which will be needed. These are: (1) The Black Book of Satan – A Guide to Satanic Ceremonial Magick; (2) Naos – A Guide to Becoming an Adept; and (3) Hostia – The Secret Teachings of the ONA (Volumes I & II). The following MSS (contained in Hostia) should be particularly studied in order to gain an understanding of traditional Satanism and its methods: (a) Selling Water By The River; (b) Satanism – The Sinister Shadow, Revealed; (c) Guide to Black Magick; (d) Ritual Magick – Dure and Sedue Ceremonial. The neophyte also needs to understand the fundamental concepts of magick, such as “causal” and “acausal” and here a study of the following Order MSS is useful: (a) Chapters 0 and I of Naos; (b) Aeonic Magick – A Basic Introduction.
The second task of a neophyte is to undertake the “secret task” appropriate to this first stage. This task is a necessary prelude to Satanic Initiation [ the task is detailed in the MS “The Secret Tasks of the Sinister Way”, which is included as an Appendix to this present work].
The third task of a neophyte is to undertake a ritual of Satanic Initiation. If you are in contact with a traditional Satanic group, this can be a Ceremonial ritual. If you are working alone, or the group you are in contact with suggest it, it can be a Hermetic one of “Self-Initiation”. Both of these rituals of Initiation are given in detail in the Order MS The Black Book of Satan – A Guide to Satanic Ceremonial Magick. There is no difference between a Ceremonial Initiation, and a Hermetic Self-Initiation.
The fourth and final task of this stage involves the new Satanic Initiate in constructing and learning to play, The Star Game, details of which are given in the Order MS Naos.
II – Initiate
1) Study the Septenary System in detail [Naos] and begin hermetic magickal workings with the septenary spheres and pathways as described in Naos. Write a personal “magickal diary” about these workings. Study and begin to use the Sinister Tarot [copies of the Sinister Tarot, and study notes, are available from the ONA].
2) Undertake hermetic workings/rituals for specific personal desires/personal requests of your own choosing, as described in Naos. Record these, and the results, if any, in your magickal diary.
3) Set yourself one very demanding physical goal, train and achieve or surpass that goal. [Examples of minimum standards are, for men: walking thirty-two miles in less than seven hours in hilly terrain; running twenty miles in hilly terrain in less than two and a half hours. Cycling one hundred miles in under five and a half hours. For women, the acceptable minimum standards are: walking twenty-seven miles in hilly terrain in less than seven hours; running twenty miles in hilly terrain in less than three hours; cycling one hundred miles in under six and one quarter hours.]
4) Seek and find someone of the opposite sex to be your ‘magickal’ companion and sexual partner, and introduce this person to Satanism. Initiate them according to the rite in The Black Book of Satan. Undertake the path and sphere workings with this partner.
5) Obtain and study the Order MS The Temple of Satan [Part II of The Deofel Quartet]. A guide to this MS is given in the MSS The Deofel Quartet – Responses and Critical Analysis; and The Deofel Quartet – A Satanic Analysis. [Note: Part I of the Deofel Quartet – Falcifer, Lord of Darkness – is intended as entertaining Satanic fiction.]
6) Undertake an ‘Insight Role’ [see the Secret Tasks MS and the MS Insight Roles – A Guide, in Hostia.] This Insight Role is the Secret Task of this stage.
7) After completion of your Insight Role, undertake the Grade Ritual of External Adept, given in Naos.
The stage of Initiation can last – depending on the commitment of the Initiate – from six months to a year. Occasionally, it lasts two years.
Satanic Initiation is the awakening of the darker/sinister/unconscious aspects of the psyche, and of the inner (often repressed) and latent personality/character of the Initiate. It is also a personal commitment, by the Initiate, to the path of Satanism. The dark, or sinister, energies which are used/unleashed are symbolized by the symbols/forms of the Septenary System, and these symbols are used in the workings with the septenary spheres and pathways. These magickal workings provide a controlled, ritualized, or willed, experience of these dark energies or “forces” – and this practical experience begins the process of objectifying and understanding such energies, and thus these aspects of the psyche/personality of the Initiate.
The Star Game takes this process of objectification further, enabling a complete and rational understanding – divorced from conventional “moral opposites”.
The physical goal which an Initiate must achieve develops personal qualities such as determination, self-discipline, élan. It enhances the vitality of the Initiate, and balances the inner magickal work.
The seeking and finding of a magickal companion begins the confrontation/understanding of the anima/animus (the female/male archetypes which exist in the psyche and beyond) in a practical way, and so increases self-understanding via direct experience. It also enables further magickal work to be done, of a necessary type.
An Insight Role develops real Satanic character in the individual; it is a severe test of the resolve, Satanic commitment and personality of the Initiate. The Grade Ritual which completes the stage of Initiation (and which leads to the next stage) is a magickal act of synthesis.